1. Cook the rice by following the instruction on the pack.
2. When the rice is cooked, turn the rice into a large bowl (wet the container and a spatula to prevent the rice sticking.)
3. Pour the sushi vinegar over the rice and gently cut sideways into the rice with the spatula so that the rice grains aren't broken.
4. Allow the rice to cool.
5. For the Mexican salsa, combine all the prepared ingredients in a mixing bowl then set aside.
Temaki Zushi (hand rolled sushi)
A popular style of sushi for parties at home, just prepare the sushi rice and fillings and let your friends and family roll their own Temaki. It should be a fun party.
1. Cut the nori sheet in half, then hold it flat across your hand.
2. Wet the other hand to stop the rice sticking to your hand.
3. Take an egg sized handful of sushi rice and gently spread it onto one side of the nori.
4. Make a groove in the middle of the sushi rice to place the fillings.
5. Sprinkle tabasco if you like it hot.
6. Put the crab meat, avocado and lettuce leaves on the sushi rice.
7. Fold the bottom corner to cover the rice and fillings, to the top centre of the nori, then roll to the end. * it should look like an ice cream cone.
8. Pour the Mexican salsa on top of the rice.
9. Eat straight away! (add salsa to every bite to enjoy the fresh salsa and sushi)
You will enjoy its crispness just after the nori is rolled.