1. Bring water to the boil in a large saucepan, cook the soba noodles following the instruction on pack.
2. In the meantime, heat the oil in a medium saucepan, fry the garlic and spring onions to infuse the flavour to the oil then add shiitake mushrooms. Fry for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the dashi and bring to boil again then turn down the heat to simmer for a few more minutes.
4. Dissolve the miso in the dashi (take a half cup of dashi in a jug to dissolve miso then pour back into the rest of the dashi if it easier).
5. When the soba noodles are cooked, drain then serve into individual bowls. Set a side.
6. Pour the miso soup on the soba noodles then top with vegetables, wakame, tofu. Sprinkle on the spring onions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve hot.