Start Your Japanese Adventure
Yutaka means ‘good harvest’ and we celebrate all varieties of Japanese food. With an exciting range from sushi to miso to ramen and beyond, we want to make sure you always have something new and interesting to discover. We’ve been helping chefs create authentic Japanese recipes since 1995. From simple ingredients to authentic recipes to fascinating new flavours, let our expertise and experience guide you on a journey of discovery.
Tazaki Foods, the name behind the Yutaka brand, was the pioneer of Japanese food in the UK when the company opened the first Japanese restaurant in the country over 40 years ago. Since then we have been the leading supplier to the Japanese restaurants, hospitality industries and food manufacturers in the UK. It is these many years of experience in dealing with the finest quality Japanese food ingredients that goes into the development of every Yutaka product.
Having been the first in the market, the Yutaka brand continues to be the leading Japanese ingredient brand in many countries across Europe.
- Passion for Japanese Flavours
- With our enthusiasm and expertise on authentic Japanese flavours, we endeavour to guide food lovers on their journey of making new discoveries, in this fascinating food culture filled with tradition and unique flavours.
- Authentic taste with contemporary eating
- We readily embrace the new approach to Japanese cuisine and eating experience. We have the expertise to combine authenticity with contemporary style.
- Chef’s choice, chef’s quality
- We are the experts in Japanese food having over 40 years of experience in supplying top restaurants and our products have always met the high standards demanded by Japanese chefs.
- The simplicity of Wabi-sabi philosophy
- Japanese cuisine is famous for its emphasis on seasonality, quality of ingredients, simplicity and presentation. We aim to bring this to your dining table with modern convenience and easy to understand cooking methods.
- Healthy living, healthy eating
- We aim to encourage Yutaka customers to eat and live healthily and continue to introduce quick and easy, nutritious recipe ideas to support this aim.
Sustainability & Ethical Trading
We believe in food sustainability and strive to carefully select our products and ingredients based on the welfare of farmed and wild species as well as avoiding damage to natural resources. We have joined forces with One Tree Planted, a non-profit organisation focusing on reforestation, to contribute to this course by planting trees around the world. Check out the certificates for more details.
We strive to reduce plastic packaging and over packaging whereas possible, and to use recyclable materials as much as we can. As a member of the OPRL (The On-Pack Recycling Label) we are able to make recycling easier for the consumers through appropriate and clear use of recycling labels on our products.
We are committed to ensuring good labour standards in the supply chain and are particularly concerned that working conditions should be safe and hygienic and that child labour should not be used.