There’s more to Japanese Curry than Katsu. Yutaka’s easy-to-use curry means a vegetable curry can be cooked in the time it takes to boil rice. Our recipe uses carrots, potatoes, onions and green beans, you can include any other veggies you like to create a deliciously quick supper.
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, potatoes and carrot to the pan; reduce the heat to low and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add 450ml water and bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes until potatoes are cooked. Add the green beans in the saucepan cook for 2 minutes.Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. Dice Yutaka curry mix into small pieces and add them to the pan. Dissolve the curry mix completely before bringing the stock back to the boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the sauce thickens. Stir constantly while the sauce simmers to prevent it from burning. Once the sauce has thickened, remove the pan from the heat.
5. Serve the rice with the curry.