Frozen Gua Bao 300g (10 pieces)
Simple, versatile and convenient, perfect with any fillings to create flavourful street foods style buns.
- Suitable for vegetarians
- No additives
Frozen Steamed Buns
Wheat Flour, Water, Sugar, Yeast, Milk powder, Vegetable oils [Palm oil, Soybean oil, Emulsifier: Soy lecithin], Coconut oil, Corn starch, Salt.
See ingredients in bold.
Product may contain:
Soya, Peanuts, Nuts, Oats (Gluten), Egg, Sesame and Milk
|of which saturates||0.7g|
|of which sugars||10g|
Product of Origin:
Product of Taiwan using wheat flour from USA
How to prepare
Place frozen Gua Bao Buns in a steamer as soon as the water has started to boil. Steam for 5-8 minutes on medium heat.
Place 2-3 pieces of Gua Bao Buns into a microwaveable container and sprinkle a small amount of water on the buns. Cover with a lid and microwave on medium heat for 1 minute (800W).
Tip: Do not use high heat to prevent drying out the bun
Chicken Teriyaki Bao for 4
- Make Teriyaki sauce by mixing: 3 tbsp soy sauce, 3 tbsp mirin, 1 tbsp sake or dry sherry, 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Lightly coat 4 pieces of chicken thigh with some potato starch.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Fry the coated chicken, skin side down for 2-3 minutes or until brown. Turn the chicken over then add the teriyaki sauce, and stir the season and coat the chicken evenly. Simmer for 5-6 minutes on medium-high heat until the sauce thickens. Turn off the heat.
- Prepare 8 Gua Bao Buns as instructed above.
- Slice the chicken teriyaki into thin slices. Fill the Gua Bao Buns with the chicken slices, salad leaves and some Japanese pickled cucumber (optional). Sprinkle thinly sliced spring onions, and sesame seeds on top before serving.
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct and updated, food products are often being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.