Shirataki Noodles in Soup
This simple, stir-fry noodle dish is a really healthy option and is easy to rustle up in a matter of minutes, served in beef soup.
- 15 mins
- 1 Serving
- 1 pack of Yutaka Organic Konjac Noodle
- 400ml dashi stock (Japanese soup stock
- 1 tbsp Yutaka Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Yutaka Mirin
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ leek, sliced thinly
- 1 leaf Chinese cabbage, cut into bitesized pieces
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, stem removed
- 2 slices each of carrot and daikon (giant white radish or mooli)
- 40g thinly sliced beef
- 5g watercress
- shichimi (Japanese seven spice) (optional)
To make the soup:
- Bring the dashi stock to the boil, add the soy sauce, mirin and salt.
- Add the leek, Chinese cabbage, shiitake mushrooms, carrot and daikon, simmer for 5mins until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the beef to the soup, cook until browned.
- Add the cooked shirataki noodles to the soup and re-heat. Serve in a soup bowl, garnish with watercress and shichimi.