Summery Tofu Key Lime Pie
A vegan and gluten free summer treat with a creamy tofu filling.
- 1 hour
- 6-8 Servings
75g Plain Flour
1 free-range Egg
Salt and Pepper
125g Yutaka Sushi Rice
2 tsp Japanese Rice Vinegar
Fillet Steak, 3.5 cm thick - cooked to preference
- Open Yutaka tofu and slice into 3-4 pieces. Wrap in several sheets of kitchen paper and microwave for 1-2 minutes to drain the water. Re-wrap with new sheets and put a weight on it to drain more water. Leave for 15-20 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the juice from the limes. Use 1 of them to grate the lime zest or slice 1 lime for garnish.
- Blend tofu and lime juice in a food processor until creamy. Then add the rest of the ingredients < for the filling > and blend again until the texture is creamy and smooth.
- Pour the mixture onto the pastry case or biscuit base. Garnish with lime zest or sliced limes.
- Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or overnight. Serve.