Japanese Style Fried Shirataki Noodles
This simple, stir-fry noodle dish is a really healthy option and is easy to rustle up in a matter of minutes. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- 15 mins
- 2 Servings
- 1 pack of 200g Yutaka Organic Konjac Noodles (also called Shirataki noodles)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ Onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ Carrot, cut into thin strips
- ¼ Red pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced
- A handful of baby spinach
- 1½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp mirin
- Toasted white sesame seeds
- Bring water to the boil in a large saucepan. Add a pinch of salt and cook the shirataki noodles in boiling water for 3 minutes. Transfer to a colander drain and cool. Set aside.
- Heat the toasted sesame oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, fry the garlic, onions, carrot, red pepper and shiitake mushrooms. Stir fry until all the vegetables are coated in oil.
- Turn heat to low and add the shirataki noodles, baby spinach, soy sauce and mirin. Gently stir to combine until noodles are seasoned. Top with toasted sesame seeds.