A popular and simple to cook Japanese dish consisting of delicious udon noodles soaked in a rich curry sauce.
- 15 mins
- 2 Servings
- 2 servings of Yutaka udon noodles
- 50g of Yutaka Curry Sauce
- 750ml of dashi or water
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 170g of pork, chicken or other protein of your choice, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 spring onions to garnish, finely chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a deep pan, fry the sliced onion for 2-3 minutes, and add the meat to fry until not pink
- Add the 750ml of dashi or water (adjust water amount to your preferred taste) to the pan and simmer for 5-8 minutes. Skim off the scum & fat from the soup if preferred.
- In the meanwhile, cook the udon noodles as instructed on pack and set aside
- Cut 50g of Yutaka curry into small pieces so it's easier to dissolve in the soup. Add the curry sauce into the soup base, mix well and make sure it fully dissovle in the soup.
- Turn off the heat. Serve noodle in a big bowl and add soup together with the other ingredients. Garnish with finely chopped spring onions.