Teriyaki is a cooking technique used in Japanese cuisine in which foods are broiled or grilled in a sweet soy sauce marinade.
- 30 mins
- 2 Servings
- 2 fillets (250 grams) salmon
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- A pinch of sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp Yutaka soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Yutaka mirin
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tsp sugar
- To make teriyaki sauce, mix soy sauce, mirin, sake and sugar. Marinate the salmon fillets in the sauce for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Grill the fish on medium heat while carefully turning sides until cooked.
- Pour the sauce over the salmon fillets and grill further for a few minutes until the sauce thickens, giving the salmon a golden-brown coating of teriyaki.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sesame seeds and serve with a bowl of rice and Yutaka Miso Soup.