A sweet and savoury burger packed with flavour you will surely enjoy.
- 30 mins
- 2-3 Servings
- 1 pack Yutaka Tofu
- ½ onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Yutaka Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Yutaka Cooking Sake
- 1 and 1/2 cups Yutaka Panko
- yellow pepper
- baby spinach or lettuce
- olive oil
- 2-3 burger buns
- mayonnaise to taste
- Yutaka Wasabi Paste(optional)
- Open Yutaka tofu and slice into 3-4 pieces. Wrap in several sheets of kitchen paper and microwave for 1-2 minutes to drain the water. Re-wrap with new sheets and put a weight on it to drain more water. Leave for 15-20 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, wash and slice the yellow pepper and the tomato. Chop the onion.
- Remove the kitchen paper from the tofu and mix in a bowl with all the ingredients <for the burgers> until well combined. Add Yutaka panko and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Shape the burger mix into 2-4 patties and flatten gently.
- Heat the olive oil and fry the patties in a frying pan over a small medium flame. Fry on both sides with the lid on.
- Meanwhile, slice the burger buns horizontally and spread mayonnaise on both halves. For a spicy kick, add the wasabi paste to taste.
- When the burgers are cooked, place one on top of each bun. Add the baby spinach, sliced red pepper and tomato. Cover it with the top half of the bun. Serve.