Panko Stuffing for Parties
Useful breadcrumb stuffing recipe ideal for special occasions.
- 30 mins
- 1-2 Servings
- 115g chopped cooked, peeled and ready to use whole chestnuts
- 125g sausage meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 75g butter
- Small bunch of sage finely chopped
- 65g Yutaka Panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a pan, melt the butter then slowly cook the chopped onion until soft and almost opaque.
- Add the sage, and cook for a little longer.
- Add the breadcrumbs, mix together over a low heat until combined. The breadcrumbs should soak up all the butter.
- Remove from the heat, and allow to cool.
- Mix in the sausage meat, and then the chopped chestnuts.
- Fold them in gently and mix well.
- Place the stuffing mix into a suitably sized buttered baking dish and bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or until slightly brown on top at 160 degrees centigrade.