Multi-purpose Miso Sauce
A fantastically versatile miso sauce that can be used for stir-frying, marinating, dressings, dipping or for glazing. Savoury and sweet with plenty of umami, this sauce will add magic to any dish!
- 30 mins
- 300g miso (adjust depending on saltiness of miso)
- 250ml mirin
- 125ml cooking sake
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Add all ingredients into a saucepan.
- Use a small whisk to mix it all together.
- Bring to the boil over a medium heat and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Allow to cool and pour into airtight container ready for use. This will keep in the fridge for up to 2 months.
- Marinade tofu, chicken, beef, pork or fish and then cook in foil, in the oven or pan fry.
- Add a tablespoon (or more to taste) to any ingredients for stir frying.
- Use for dipping steamed vegetables or fresh vegetable sticks.
- Or why not try our Miso Chicken Bowl recipe?
The combination of miso and sugar makes this sauce burn quite easily. Please keep a close eye and make any necessary adjustments when cooking.